CHOOSE YOUR WEDDING CATERING PARTNER CAREFULLY
Not all Wedding Caterers are the same! You want to place one of the most critical and expensive components of your big day in the hands of a seasoned professional.
At Backyard Catering we have been the wedding catering go to guys for 17 years. Our decidedly NOT laid back approach to your laid back wedding guarantees that everyone will love their dinner and remember your reception as one of the best ever.
Use these guidelines when interviewing your caterer:
- What is your specialty? Backyard Catering specializes in the kind of food you love to eat. American Casual, American Steakhouse, Barbecue, Tex-Mex, Gulf Coast Seafood are just a few of the menus we offer CLICK HERE for our expanded menus.
- What is your price range? Backyard Catering has pricing available from $12.50 per person up to $75 per person depending on the menu and level of service. Most of our weddings end up between $20 & $30 per person with appetizers and drinks.
- Is your kitchen licensed and may we come visit it? While there are some caterers who cook from home or in unlicensed facilities, Backyard Catering operates from The Backyard Grill at 9453 Jones Road in Jersey Village. You are welcome to visit the restaurant any time.
- Do you have insurance? Backyard Catering is fully insured.
- How long have you been catering? We have been catering since 2001.
- Can you provide bar service and are you licensed to serve alcohol? Backyard holds a TABC catering license and can cater anything from champagne toasts to full bar. CLICK HERE to see our Bar Services Page.
- What is your payment policy? Do you accept credit cards? We collect 50% initial payment upon acceptance of the Event Agreement, and final payment the Monday before the event. CLICK HERE for our terms and conditions page. And yes, we accept credit cards, at no additional charge and can accommodate a prepayment plan if needed.
- What is your refund or cancellation policy? We allow cancellation up to 14 prior to the event date. CLICK HERE to see our complete policy.
- Can we sample your food? We offer a Wedding Open House at the end of January that showcases our cuisine. You are also welcome to dine at our restaurants at any time to get to know our food. We offer an event menu tasting once you are on contract for a nominal fee.
- How many large events do you do at one time? We only do one wedding or large event per day so that we can focus our best resources on that one event. This is why it is important to secure your date as far in advance as possible.
Not only can we cater your wedding reception, but our restaurant, THE BACKYARD GRILL can host your rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, and bachelor parties in one of our private party rooms. CLICK HERE to learn more about our private rooms.